Tuesday, January 27, 2004

A year of hiding and searching my soul,
Not knowing what could make me whole.
You were far, far away,
Distant from me, I say.
What feels worse than rejection,
When all I gave was more affection?
Waiting for that one SMS,
Or urging me to think and guess,
How was I gonna confess?
Telling you my feelings ain't enough,
What more can I give before all of them laugh?
Laugh about my stupidity,
Tease about my gullibility,
When all I want was a reply from you the 'mighty'.
It's a long, long journey ahead,
Forget and stop moping, you said.
But did you know the guy was you?
What would your reply be if you knew?
You leave me hanging here,
Hanging as the day draws near.
How would your life change when I'm gone?
Sit down with your eyes down and mourn?
That would be the last possibility, I suppose.
For you have pricked me with a rose,
Living your days like they've never froze.
And still you're far, far away,
Distant from me, I say.


2712004