Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I got rejected...

...by NZIS. My application for student visa has been rejected/denied! I thought I could finish this crap before I leave for Melbourne and Singapore. Oh well, guess I'll have to do it back in Singapore. This means I'll have to undergo all the medical check up and get my police certificate thing. Boo.

Today's the 22nd of November... right? Yup. Haha, I've been passing my days like everyday's a holiday (which is true!), lost track of time, lost track of what's happening in the outside world. That's because I've been indulging in the screening of Jewel In The Palace (大长今). You may think I'm like the most laggy person in the whole entire Earth, but hey, I've heard of it before, just haven't watched it yet. ;)

I managed to find some comics from daejanggeum.blogsome.com. If you have watched it, you may find these comics amusing. I have only watched these 2 scenes, some others can be found in that website. Don't want to know what happened after that. Haha. They are in Chinese. Sorry for those who can't read Chinese, but my translation is not very accurate.

























'Madam! You have fought so hard to become the Highest Court Lady just to write this on the recipe book?'

In the recipe book, only the names of the Highest Court Ladies in the past were recorded.

Haha, this is ridiculous. I don't know if it's true that only the names were recorded, but it would be stupid if it was.


























'Lian Sheng! My tongue has been swollen for quite a while! I have difficulty speaking...'

Damn! It's so tough translating this... The Chinese language is so profound. It gives more meaning than if I were to translate it to English.

Oh! And I found a picture of the leading female character! Her real name is Lee Young-ae, and she's really pretty! So unlike herself in Dae Jang Geum. Haha.



*****************************
Ben's parents arrived in Dunedin last Saturday, and brought so many presents for all 3 of us! They cook for us, and clean the house, and now the house looks extremely clean. Sometimes I feel like I need and want to give them something to show my appreciation, but somehow I always fail to do so. Take yesterday for example. I wanted to make some red bean soup for them, but in the end, they made it before I did! -screams out loud- Buying something for them is worse. I have absolutely no idea what to get for them. I feel like a lazy bum who doesn't cook and only knows how to watch 大长今 all day long. Sometimes I try to help in the kitchen, but it feels as if they've got sufficient help. So, I take every opportunity to wash the dishes and talk to them so they wouldn't feel too bored. Oh, speaking of his parents, we're going to Auckland! YAHOO! Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand. I've only transitted there once on the way back to Singapore, but haven't been out there to look see look see. This is gonna be so fun! I'd better remember to bring my camera, so this blog can have more photos again. Woowee.

Count downs:

  • 2 more days to busy busy Auckland! (24/11 to 28/11)
  • 9 more days to shopping paradise Melbourne! (1/12 to 10/12)
  • 18 more days to sunny lil' Singapore! (10/12 to 15/12)
  • 25 more days to chilly and fun fun fun Japan! (15/12-22/12)

-screams with excitement- I feel like the luckiest person on Earth. For now.

1 comment:

Stephanie Low said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!
The da chang jin comic strips so damned hilarious!!!
ANyway,u shld see them in real persons.
Theres this special clip after the whole drama is over on SCV,u will be really surprised.
Chang jin is undeniably gorgeous.
Min shang gong is super pretty.
Cui shang gong is super pretty.

But wat matters is,
MIN ZHENG HAO IS SUPER DUPER HANDSOME LAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even the physician who goes crazy over Chang Jin looks v funky ok!LOL.

I wanted to see Lian Sheng but wth she's not there!!!!!
Bleah!