Monday, August 01, 2005

On my way to being a great cook

Last Saturday morning, I got so bored that I decided to surf for local recipes. Whilst site hopping, I chance upon a blog which brought me to http://food.asia1.com.sg/ Tried to look for a dish that I can cook here in New Zealand, without having to buy some of the ingredients that I can't get it here. And then I found claypot rice!

Wah! Claypot rice is something I really like. :9

Scrolled down and looked at the ingredients needed and the method, and it wasn't that tough! So, I decided to give it a try! The ingredients that I didn't get(lazy to go buy them.. wah raus the asian store is how freaking far can!) were the Chinese mushrooms and salted fish.

In actual fact, it was quite easy to do! I just followed the instructions carefully. Yah, like REALLY carefully. 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce = 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce. Cannot play play ah, already had a bad experience when baking muffins with Janice. 100g of flour (normal), 140g of flour (our style), heck. 200g of chocolate? Never mind lah, 250g should be okay! Turned out 'real good'.

So, back to my story. It took me less than an hour (excluding marinating the chicken) to finish my project. And I was successful!!! I seriously thought I would fail, but no, Jessica The Great has come up with a rice cooker full of yummylicious claypot rice!!

-laughs hysterically-

Want to post some pictures of the claypot rice up, but it's 4:44am (wah, zun man!) and I'm really lazy now.. Don't even want to get the photos out of my handphone. Lol. And the reason why I'm still awake is because the 乌鸦 flatmate had a SLEEPOVER with her beloved friend, and they were talking so loudly I was awaken by their horrendous yakking. You know what? I'm going to confront her tomorrow. Luckily her friend has left (I think), or else I'll really go knock on her door at 330am and scold her. When will people learn to be considerate. Sigh. I just had Milo and a whole packet of Ritz, and now I cannot go to sleep or else I'll get fat.

Anyway, I'm so into all the cooking and baking! But sadly, I'm studying now, and I can't play too much. So the culinary skills gotta wait. Oh! I've got holidays in a month's time. Yes, I'll do it then! Muahaha. Okay, I'll try to study for now. 死乌鸦!臭乌鸦!

3 comments:

Stephanie Low said...

HAha..
U cant expect a crow to sound sweetly like a mockingbird!
=P
Though i nv heard mockingbirds b4.but they oso make them sound v nice.
HAHA..
Anyway how did u manage to type cheena words sia..

puipo said...

eh..
i wan to try ur food leh...
hehe..
juz found out i m a (ex) good good neighbour of urs..
haha
i dont make noise!!!
yeah!!!

jessicA* said...

Stephanie
The chinese thing is quite complicated. Why don't I teach you next time when you're online huh? :)

Nien
Haha! I cooked it a second time and it was still okaY! Yeah, you weren't as noisy and irritating..