Thursday, August 04, 2005

Snip here,slice there, peel those!! Ahh! Bloody !)(*#$@

I had my BIOL 115 lab again this morning. This time, we had to dissect...

Nah, nothing too gruesome, it's just the lower limb of a deer. (: In addition, the limb has already been chopped into 3 pieces for us, so the limb ain't too long to us to handle. It's cooool! Know why? Cos' my partner did not come again. This is the 3rd Bio prac we have, and the technical assistant (old lady) who was taking our attendence said, "Ooh, that is bad." or something along that line. Tsk!

So I did the dissection by myself, with a little help from a demonstrator who is a super nice guy! Haha, please don't assume that I'm interested in him or whatever, cos he's a middle age, flabby and hairy man. -rofl- Got to see those parts of a synovial joint that we learnt in our lectures, like the menisci, collateral and cruciate ligaments etc. Damn fun I tell you! Especially when I am in charge of the whole dissection thingy. Woohoo! :D I sound sadistic, aye? Haha, as compared to our rat dissection, this is way better, because we had to look at the intestines of the rat's. I tell you, IT STINKS, TOTALLY!

Initially, I wanted to take some photos of the dissection today, but there wasn't anyone I know who could help me take the photos, since my gloves were stained with deer blood. Eew right? Yeah, so too bad. I doubt many of you won't even wanna think about it too. ;)

After all those dissection crap, we examined some specimens of some real humans' body parts. Let me say this, they stink WORSE than the deer's lower limb. Simply because they seem to be decomposing, all brownish and all. We saw joints that had metal replacements and all, and yeah, yummy.

5 comments:

puipo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
puipo said...

ceh..
i thought u dissected human body liao..
thought u can tell me how is it like before i do it myself in future..
boo..
it's juz deer lower limb..
anyways..it sounds not bad at all..
cos i dont like to dissect ppl..
i feel it's so cruel..although they r died..
such a nice person rite??!!!
haha!!

Callie said...

WOW! dissection, something that I never dared to do!

When my TA told me I was suppose to dissect the rat, I walked out of the lab and never went back!! Dropped the class almost as soon as I found a computer lab 2 blocks from the lab!!

And the rotting human parts... interesting!

How does it really feel to be looking at body parts???

jessicA* said...

Nien
Haha, I won't dissect a human body unless I get into Med remember? HSFY is no fun! LOL. I think it really feels different dissecting a person.

ichigo
Haha, honestly, I was actually quite excited when I was told we were gonna dissect a rat, but I didn't expect it to be so stinky!! It was good experience, really. The rotting human parts? Quite eerie, especially when some of the limbs had their nails still on, but yellowish and all. Eek!

jaccy said...

ichigo?? haha bleaCH??????