Friday, July 29, 2005

Single? Or attached? Which is better?

Walking down the streets, we may meet couples - holding hands, arms around each other. There would be glows on their faces, like they're the luckiest couple on Earth. It is common for some singles out there to feel like they're lacking something in their life. This comes to the topic that I wish to discuss about today. Is it better being single, or attached for a 19 year old girl?

Being single ROCKS!!

Yeah, about a year and a half ago, I was still single. I would always hang out with my girlfriends, have the girls' night out, sleep overs, and sometimes get to meet guys. Life was just so fun and you wouldn't want this fun period to end quickly. You get close to your friends, friends are really really important in your lives. Having crushes is common (LOL! I admit I can have like a whole load of crushes within a month!), gushing over them over the phone with your friends. Lost the special feeling for that crush? No worries, another one coming on the way, especially in ACJC. Hahahahahahahaha. Flirting with guys then being called a bitch is not a rare sight. But that's because there isn't anyone stopping you - no restrictions, free as a 小小小小鸟.

Bad points about being single? Some of us may feel empty, because there isn't a special one in your life. Everytime you see couples along Orchard Road, you would ponder why haven't guys hit on you yet. 'Is it my bum? Is it my make up? Is it my short legs? Is it the zits on my face?' ... And the list goes on.

I'm in love...

Now that I'm attached, I shall just state some reasons why being attached may be a good thing and a bad thing.

Good stuff

You get praises from your partner almost everyday. 'You look good in that, honey!' 'I simply love that perfume you're wearing.'

You feel like you're really important in your partner's life. 大人物 man! Number 1 in his/her list!

You get an open window to what really goes on in a girl/guy's life. Trust me, it can be really interesting!

You can go on double/triple/quadruple dates with your attached friends without feeling left out or like a lamp post!

You get chia-ed alot alot alot (especially for girls. now for guys, it may be a bad thing.) Woohoo!

You get little and extra large surprises once in a while. -winks at Ben- He's darn good at that, dunno learn from which programme/book. ROFL.

You feel so loved, and you want this feeling to last forever.

No matter how messy your hair is, how thick your legs are, to your partner, you're always his/her baby.

Bad stuff? -booooo-

You feel like you'll DIE if you haven't seen him/her for a day.

No more flirting with other guys anymore. Once his friends see you in action, you're gonna get screwed.

I hate to say this, but seriously, you may meet fewer friends.

Actually I think there are more good stuff about being attached. Whaha. Well, basically this entry is entirely according to my ideas and experiences. Doesn't mean if you don't get surprises means you and your partner are a bad match okay!

And I admit that this is a crappy post !!!! I'm terribly sorry if you read the entire thing, but blame Ben !!!!!!!!! He's playing his stooopid computer game and I gotta wait to go for lunch with him!!! AHA! Yet another bad point about being attached. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS! I'm gonna drag him outta my bed and push him out of my door right now! (if I even have the ability to do so.)

7 comments:

puipo said...

hahaha...
funny post...
quite true in some way...
eh..
u left out one bad point being attaced..
u cant go clubbing...
hahahahahahaha...

Stephanie Low said...

Haha...
Yeah..i agreed that single can do lots of things.
But its always this case.
Singles and attached ppl always wanna be in other's shoes.
I would prefer being single la..
Haha..at least the freedom of having crushes on others is there.=P
Opps.
HAhaa...

jaccy said...

Eh.. if you have a good bf, u would prefer to be attached. If not, u would prefer to be single :P haha.. It depends on how you look at it and how happy you are in it :P

Oh to your previous post.. Im too lazy to make my own template. Thus using the default wan. haha and I prefer to use my own template to others..haha (though the default one is made by others.. -_-"..ok wat am i saying..) anyway miss me! im going to KL and genting tmR!!!!!!

jessicA* said...

Nien
Haha, true! But since I heard about clubbing from Stephie, I'm not really looking forward to chiong-ing for the time being. (:

Stephie
The grass is always greener on the other side aye? Lol. Being single is good too!

Weiwei
Yup, totally agree with you! EHHHHHHHH ! Not fair! I wanna go Genting and KL too! Remember when we were younger we used to go on holidays to M'sia? Haha!

jaccy said...

haha.. did we? I cant really remember leh haha.. but i think i remember faintly we went to a indoor swimming pool.. but dunnoe is it @ genting or is it at batam leh.. hahaha...

jessicA* said...

Weiwei
Haha, yeah it should be either one.. Maybe the Genting trip was with Ning.

Anonymous said...

maybe loh haha.. me growing old liao haha