Sunday, November 12, 2006

Friendship.

my Friendster account

Was skimming through the testimonials my friends left for me for the past... 4 years? I truly think that I do have friends who care for me, and always constantly asking me to be careful, be happy and everything nice. You know that these friendships are priceless and you can never use money to buy them.

Funny thing is, there are a handful of friends I have that I don't even keep in contact with anymore! Now that is sad. Friends I made from primary school, secondary school, fewer from Otago uni cos' I still see them around. Yeah, I see them on Friendster putting up new photos, getting new testimonials and all, but I don't exactly go say hi to them, or ask them how they are.


my MSN messenger list

The same goes for MSN messenger. I actually friends on my MSN list that I don't speak to either! There was a point in time I tried to chat with everyone else on my list, try to catch up with old friends, reminisce the past with them etc, but gradually we just stopped talking again. How I wish I can curb these negative emotions I have right now.

Don't you think it's quite sad losing friends even when we have opportunities to approach one another? I honestly think it is sad! I can somehow predict how awkward it will be just talking to someone I haven't spoken to in YEARS! But it is always good to keep in contact with every friend we have. We just won't know how precious they are until we lose them.

I remember back in my Primary 6 and Secondary 4 days when everyone was asking everyone else to write in their autograph books. Cute lil' friendship poems written about 'friends are as precious as gold' and 'forget-me-not'. I have my own autograph books which were passed around in class and my friends placing baby photos of themselves, writing best wishes to me and all. I always get a snuggly warm feeling everytime I read them. You recall how you and your mates met, how these friendships developed, funny incidents that occurred back when we were teeny poppers or defying teenagers. The memories are just... Invaluable.

I think I just miss all my friends, that's all.

No comments: