Wednesday, July 06, 2005

05/07/2005
1130am

I am now at Christchurch Airport once again, typing away in Microsoft Word instead of http://www.blogger.com/. LOL. How pathetic can that be man?


I was packing my stuff, or rather 3rd aunt and Lyn were packing my stuff and we realized that all baggage added together weighed 40kg! So eventually I didn’t bring back the printer mummy gave to me.. That super stylish and good Lexmark printer..


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (@*#)%^@)(*)@%^@)(#


): Unfair. I did buy some stuff back, plus the camera my church friend asked me to buy for him, the repaired flatron screen, blahblah. The lady at Changi Airport didn’t allow me to take 40kg of baggage, so I left the printer behind.


The flight from Singapore seemed shorter than usual. The plane took about 9 hours 44 minutes to arrive at Christchurch, which is quite good! Watched some movies on the plane, which includes Miss Congeniality 2 which isn’t worth $8.50 to catch it at a Singapore cinema, another movie called.. ‘something’ Pitch which stars Drew Barrymore. Can’t remember the title!! Haha, but it’s quite okay, teaches a lot about love and relationships. The main male character was a HUGEEEEEEEE fan of this baseball team, and the movie just shows how much he actually sacrificed for the female character Drew Barrymore acts as. Also watched a Cantonese movie starring Karen Lam and Ekin Cheng, don’t remember the title too. LOL. What a loser right. Well, that movie is ma ma tei lah (okay okay), it’s just that I don’t really like Karen Lam’s acting.. Always find her acting abit fake. Yeah, she’s pretty and all, but nah.. Not a fan of hers.


I had difficulty trying to sleep on the plane. Probably had only 2 hours of sleep at most. Bah! I shall sleep like a pig when I get back home. Oh! Let me tell you about this passenger who sits a seat away from me. Before boarding the plane, I had already noticed her carrying this big Snoopy soft toy around with her. Oh please, she is like OLDER than me can.. Or at least she looks older than I do. Surprisingly, both of us are seated on the same row. We sat on a 3 seater column, but there was no one sitting in the middle. And guess what she did? She placed her Snoopy onto the middle seat, placed a soft cushion at the back of the Snoopy, FASTENED THE SEAT BELT, placed a blanket on it.


What the…..!?


Okay okay, I’m not all that mature, but NOT that childish also right! Oh man. My jaw just dropped when I saw what she was doing. At first I thought there was something wrong going on in her head, but it didn’t seem to be that way. Haha. She just loves her Snoopy soft toy sooooo very much that she really treats it with care. Just guessing by her looks, I thought she looked 22. But yeah, I may be wrong.. She could even be YOUNGER than me. ?gasps-


I always thought the meals that SIA provides are not bad, but the more I travel, the worse the food tastes. ?shows disgusted face- I dunno why, but just looking at the food and I don’t feel like having any of its food dumped into my stomach. So I just had the bun and peanuts to fill my tummy. BUT, as compared to other airlines, I still think SIA is the best. Why? Cos’ its Singapore Airlines mah! Haha. Lame.


So sleepy now, my flight back to Dunedin is at 230pm. Which means I still have about 3 hours to slack here. Which I didn’t think it was a difficult task, cos’ I had previously stayed in this same place for 5-6 hours. No kick lah, this time. Oh! Just now while collecting my luggage after a thorough scan, an airport staff who helped


Think I’m catching a cold. I kept sneezing like anything on the plane and in the airport now. Noooooooo.


I was pleasantly surprised yesterday, cos a friend of mine whom I haven’t spoke to for quite awhile messaged me to wish me happy birthday! I thought it was sweet of him cos he still remembers my birthday. Muahaha. Every year, I would always anticipate for 8th July (my birthday lah). But it’s different this year. I don’t feel very excited and everything, cos I think I finally realized that I’m getting older. I wonder if in future, I would be those ladies who try to keep their age a secret, so no one will know just how old I am. Haha, when asked of their age, they’ll just go, “20 plus”. Eh, I’m still “10 plus” okay! Still young? Nooo, but physically and mentally, I do look younger than I’m supposed to be.


When I was in Primary 3, people thought I was in Primary 1. When I was studying at ACJC, people thought I was Secondary 3. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? I just look childish, but some of my friends say its very good, cos I won’t look very old when I age. As for my youthful heart, yeah, I’m still childish. I still watch Spongebob Squarepants with my little brother. Time to grow up, kiddo. ):


Well, I guess I’m just me, and no one else can change the way I am. I am happy with who I am, because someone taught me to appreciate everything that I’ve got in my life ? my family, my friends, how I look, how smart or stupid I am etc. Think about it, you may think you’re the most unlucky person in your life, but you actually aren’t. There are people around the world who are suffering much more than we do, and we should be grateful of what we have in our lifetime. Even if we face obstacles, there is definitely a way out. I just think that if we TRY, there would be hope. TRY ? is a word that would always come into my mind. Just try! If we don’t lose anything, just try. I think this is very important for everyone. I remember when I was little, I didn’t dare to do a lot of stuff. Even shaking a Hello Kitty mascot also don’t dare okay! My mum kept telling me to go for it, I just wasn’t brave enough to. Now, -hur hur-, want me to shake that Hello Kitty’s hand ah? No problem! I’ll even laugh my head off if the person inside is a guy. Hohoho.



I’m starving, but the food here isn’t really good. ?pouts-


OH MAN! A guy just asked me to play a game at the arcade with him! LOL! He must be damn bored, waiting for his friend for also 3 hours. Okay, I’ll just play a game with him. Byeeee!










---------------------------------------------------------------------

CRAP. I forgot to ask Thomas (that German guy) what Eifer means. AHHHHH!!!!

2 comments:

puipo said...

jess..
miss ya..
all the best..

Anonymous said...

I think you mean KarenA Lam, and the movie is titled "The Floating Landscape".