Sunday, February 24, 2008

What a headache.

I didn't think I've ever had this before, but I suspect I've got M-I-G-R-A-I-N-E.

0.0

I've been a headache-y person all my life (I think?), but this headache's pretty different from what I used to have (tension headaches). My sis calls me Panadol girl cos' I pop some in everytime I get the headaches. Realllly bad habit of mine.

3 days of unilateral headache on the right side of my head (ya, the half of my head with the dent ==). Not exactly responding to Paracetamol and sleep. Man, you don't know how much I've been sleeping this weekend!!!! I just wanted to sleep the headache away but it wasn't really working.

Missed venepuncture/cannulation demo on Friday because the headache was killing me and I was weak and super tired I just wanted to go home, so went home and slept till James came back to fill my tummy with... With what ah? See, even my memory's affected. I'm joking.

Saturday: Woke up feeling all fine! Went to have my 'six foot long sub' (tell you the joke next time..) at Meridian and wanted to go shopping! Then the annoying headache came back. Throbbing and annoying and irritating. James had to bring me home because I wasn't even in the mood of shopping. I was at PORTMANS and nothing was making me interested! Now THAT'S how you know that Jess is seriously not herself. PORTMANS lehhhhh!!! My favourite boutique man. Gosh. I missed my weekly shopping ):

Sunday morning I was feeling alright again! But during church camp meeting in the noon, the headache slowly inched back again. WAH LAU EH. I was really super pissed with it lah, but what am I to do, right? I can't cut my head off and let it roll to a corner while I enjoy what I do at the moment. I'll just scare both myself and everyone else around me lah. ANYWAY! I also found out that I was starting to dislike walking in the open, with the sun on my face. That's funny again. Dunedin will never have such good sun after summer, and I'm not enjoying it? So, what? Photophobia?

Man. I looked through my Oxford clinical handbook and read about migraine (ya, I'm SO NERDY right..), and I've got a few symptoms for it.

Actually, I'm wondering if it's caffeine withdrawal. I tried consuming ZERO caffeine starting Friday, and the headache came. After I took Paracetamol on Saturday, I made some coffee for myself (I was so guilty lah cos' I wanted to really be less dependent on coffee...), and the headache was gone after half hour!

Caffeine withdrawal, or the common migraine????

Heck, I just want the headache t
o stop coming back. ):


No comments: