Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sydney Trip Part 1

HEY people! (:

Sorry for the lack of updates... I've been busssy.

As promised, I'll put up some photos on my trip to Sydney. Basically, I had an awesome time at Sydney, and if you all, especially if you like shopping (GIRLS!), 5 days ISN'T enough! Minimum: 1 1/2 weeks. Hahaha! Well, it actually depends what time you get up, what time you leave your hotel and whether or not you can tahan the crazy amount of walking you need to do!!!!

For me, I actually woke up at 7am EVERY MORNING (major major jet lag, I tell you!), but I had to wait for the rest of them to get up before we can start touring around Sydney! But, oh well, I still had fun! :B

DAY 1

We took Freedom Air, the only international flight to Sydney from Dunedin. I MUST ADD THAT THEIR PLANE IS SOOOOOOOOO UBER CUTE!!! Warner Brothers!!

Our cutesey Freedom Air plane!

Reading Tesselating on the plane / mummy / view from the plane! / the cute plane again

Thankfully for us, our cousin, Jermyn, was still in Sydney, and he volunteered to drive us to and from the airport. THANKS, MING! You've been of great help! (:

In his car. I haven't seen so many toys in a car before. Got GF, you see... Haha

We settled for a simple dinner after checking into our 'hotel'. It's actually a rented apartment, but in a hotel. So, we kinda stayed at a hotel, right? Oh, whatever. HAHA. Then during dinner, Janice suddenly exclaimed, "HEY! THIS COKE CAN IS SO UNIQUE!" I looked at it, and I SERIOUSLY don't see its UNIQUE-NESS.

So, is it unique? Please tell me if you see something special about this can of Coke.

DAY 2

On the way to the train station, I took this particular photo. The scenery and all don't exactly look all that pretty, but with Jonathan checking out the sole of his shoes at the corner of the photo, the photo became somewhat interesting. HAHA.


We took the train for the first time! It was... interesting, because the trains are double decked and the train routes... Gosh, you should see how complicated the whole map is!

Sydney train and train station

We went to Market City for a walk, and according to my cousin, it's open only during the weekends. I didn't take alot of photos there, but we found New Zealand Natural ice cream store there! Haha. It's a pity they don't sell Hokey Pokey flavour. Awww.

Janice enjoying her ice cream

Then we headed to Darling Harbour, and visited the Sydney Aquarium! But I think Janice and I had more fun taking photos with the toys at the souvenir shop. Tsk tsk.


Mummy decided we have dinner at Darling Harbour that night! We went to a French restaurant... Wait... I'm actually not sure about this!!! Okay, it's Italian, Haha. ANYWAY, the pasta and pizza we had were so yummy! Too bad I forgot the name of the restaurant. But, I must warn you, the meal actually cost quite a bit. :|


DAY 3


The day started with Jonathan and I playing with this sticky fish toy he got from the souvenir shop at the Sydney Aquarium. It's super fun to play with! Just throw it anywhere and it sticks! Throw it onto the wall, then slowly, the fins of the fish get detached one by one, and the fish will then tumble down against the wall. Haha. Uber fun!


Poor Jon. If only we can give you another companion (a human about your age) to accompany you during your holidays. ): There's only so much we can do. Sorry, lil' brother. 大姐 is a bad 大姐.

A side note: My brother is 11, my sis's 18 and I'm 20 this year. So you see the age gap between my brother and the 2 of us. I try my very best to bring him around during the holidays, but there are times when I can't, and he has to stay home. He gets angry when I do that, but... There's nothing much I can do for him... I feel very helpless, because he's always so lonely and bored.

When I was as old as him, I had my cousins and my sister to accompany me, so I wasn't at all bored during the holidays. In fact, holidays are supposed to be ENJOYABLE and FUN! But somehow, for my little brother, it's the opposite. I advised him to watch some television, play some games, walk AJ, find his friends and so on, but he still insists he is bored whenever I don't bring him out.

Ever since he was a baby, he is always closer to me than to my sister. He used to bully me alot. ALOT. He would hit me and whack me whenever he gets angry with anybody, but I don't hit back, because he's SO young. So I'll just cry at a corner and my sister would hit him back and reprimand him for me. But I never blamed him, because he didn't know what was wrong. Now that he is older, he's still closer to me, but somehow, during this particular holiday, he seems to be more clingy. Maybe it's his age, maybe he wants to be acknowledged, to mix around with older people, and not just sit around at home playing games. I don't know. I just have no idea how I should handle him. He's a nice boy, and a sweet one too. I guess he just wants to spend time with me. Maybe..

Oh well, back to my Sydney trip!

On this day, we visited the Sky Tower!


Up up up to the highest level!

View from the Sky Tower.

We took sticker photos there too!

Sweet.

Boomerangs sold at another souvenir shop. We're such wonderful tourists! HAHA.

Jonathan's portrait. I'M JOKING! It's actually a picture at an optical shop. (:

I also got to drink my favourite-est drink in Australia - Boost! Fruit juices and smoothies and milkshakes are all sooo yummy.

Had your Boost yet?

We also went to the Wildlife Park. Took several photos, but the only photo worth showing - me holding a stick insect! Haha, no, I'm joking. Just that the photos at another wildlife park the next day would be more worth showing!

MY STICK INSECT!

We also did a little bit of shopping along George Street (YAH, SAME AS DUNEDIN!).

A man drawing along busy George Street! He was drawing just using crayons! We saw him drawing for the next few days too! AMAZING!

Janice and I at Myer!

Okay, I think this post is long enough. I need my beauty sleep now. Will continue another time.

OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! I love your photos!!! =)