Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Jap food all the wayyy.

Went to look for my 知己 (aka good buddy) Xue Qi for a ramen date! Hahaha. Well, I was craving for ramen for awhile now, so after staying at home for sooo many days, I've decided to climb out of my hermit shell and expose myself to the public! Hahaha. I'm mad.

Qi recommended this ramen shop to me, and it's called Kyo Nichi. I don't know if there are other branches around Singapore, but the shop is located at Marina Square! I haven't been there since it was renovated a year ago, so everything just seemed brand new to me all over again. Yeah, feeling tourist-y yet again. What to do, I have been sua ku-ed.


Qi also said that the ramen soup base is UBER good, so we both had the char siew ramen with THICK soup base. It was soooooooooooooooooo oishii ne (delicious!)! I'm no food expert, but I can say that the soup base is really yummy, and the char siew.... mmmmm, MAMAMIA! LOL.


A bowl of char siew ramen costs $12. Abit price-y, but it's worth the 12 bucks cos' both of us couldn't finish our ramen (= alot), soup is super yummy, and char siew is damn nice.

Maybe it's the location, but there aren't many customers in the shop. Qi said yesterday was her 4th time visiting Kyo Nichi, but there were always so few customers, she was afraid it may close down eventually. So please go support this restaurant so we can all enjoy its yummy ramen!! Arigato!

Marina Square is soooo good too! So many shops and not alot of people, thus shopping becomes more enjoyable. It's got Zara, MNG, Diva, Miss Selfridge, TopShop etc. Good stuff. Oh, and I just realised that MNG is having a sale now (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), BUT I don't have enough money so I can't even go shopping. Damn! So both Qi and I just browsed around and commented on anything we think is worth commenting on. Hurhur. If there was an item we SUPER like, we'll start criticizing it so we'll be able to put it down and MOVE ON. Yeah, the life of the not-so-rich. Fret not! Because when we both start working, we won't be so pathetic anymore! Whaha.

Azabu Sabo!

Qi then treated me to dessert at Azabu Sabo too! PLEASE GO AND TRY IT'S DESSERT!! IT IS SOOO GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

The menu. Look at the variety!

Apparently it's quite famous and it has branches in Japan, Taiwan and Singapore, and the desserts.. Oh my goodness, the sweetness and how it slips down your throat, ultra yummy! We were both quite full, so we decided to try only 1 dessert, and trust me, it was more than enough because we walked out feeling like 2 pregnant ladies. HAHA.

We ordered item no. 1008 on the menu. HAHAHAHAHA. The desserts were all in Jap names, so I don't remember the exact name for it, but it's got vanilla ice cream with sweet potato and red bean paste. ARHHH! I WANNA HAVE IT AGAIN! The blending of all the 3 ingredients - 赞!Ichiban!

Item #1008. DAMN GOOD.


You can also try its green tea ice cream, quite expensive but apparently very famous. Go give your taste buds a good time at Marina Square!

OUT!

1 comment:

nadia said...

OOH. YUM. =)

and hey, I'm free everyday next week except Thurs...give me an sms or something. haha.