Friday, February 24, 2006

Mumbo Jumbo Bits.

Finally. The long awaited weekend is finally here. Well, it's not as if I won't be waking up at 730am tomorrow (going to farmers' market tmr!), but just phew, TGIF (Thank God It's Friday).

Janice and I accompanied a new friend of ours to a potluck session @ Clubs and Socs, which was organized by the Overseas Christian Fellowship and Varsity (is that how you spell it?) Christian Fellowship. Got to know some of the people there, and of course, we enjoyed the food! Lol.

You ask me about first week of school? Well, I've got a 9-5 timetable almost everyday this week. Imagine that. Lucky for me, this is gonna ease down a wee bit next week. (: The thing I don't like about this week was the 3 hours non-stop lectures after lunch!!! It's just crazy to stay awake for the whole 3 hours! Plus, Colqohuon Theatre has such comfy 'head rests' and benches that are so nice you just want to close your eyes... Treat the lecturer's voice as a lullaby.. And off you go to dreamaland. Honestly speaking, I think I've dozed off at least 2-3 times a day. No kidding man.

I know it's bad, but sometimes you just can't help it. I mean, the lectures are right after lunch break, your stomach is filled, the lecturers are mumbling away with their oh-so-boring lecture, and oh, the seats. I do feel guilty after I realise I've missed quite abit during the lecture, and now I know NUTS about Pharmacology!!! I'm definitely struggling to understand the lecturer! Well, I don't quite know where he's from, but he's got this funny accent like Ali G! If you've watched any of Ali G's funnily ridiculous shows, he says words like 'saying' as 'say-ing', such that the words are split? So imagine someone saying 'making' as 'make-ing' and other words ending with 'ing' the same way. Okay, I don't think I should call that accent funny, but rather, UNIQUE. But I'm definitely trying way hard to try to get what he's trying to get across to us. Sigh. I should just record his lectures next week onwards. Haha.

How I'm feeling right now? TIRED, SLEEPY, HELPLESS. Helplessness. Sometimes, you think you SHOULD be doing something, but some things just hold you back from doing whatever you have to do. Maybe the word used is wrong. Maybe this is not helplessness. Like... You know something would definitely do harm to your body, and someone's doing it. But somehow, it's not easy going up to the person to tell him/her that he/she is hurting his/her own body, because you don't want to sound like you're naggy and you've got no life. Yeah. You might know how I'm feeling now. So whilst the person is continually doing that thing, I'm just sitting down here doing NOTHING, so... I'm not doing the right thing, am I? Some things are just difficult to voice out. I don't know... I would love to change this person's life, but there seems to be an obstacle. No. ObstacleS. So... People, any suggestions? Help poor Jessica here. Haha.

Oh, and I've got the pictures from my friends! Pictures of the orientation. Hee.



First day of orientation! I love the top I'm wearing. Janice and I got it in Singapore. Whaha. Looks super student-ish.

















At Otago Museum Reserve waiting for the bus to bring us to Larnach Castle. (: Nadia! Can you pass me some of the photos you took? Those showing other people's costumes? They're so interesting!













At Larnach Castle.

2nd day of orientation! Me with the international... peace pole thingy and my tidy teddy!

At NZ Army grounds. I love the first photo! Hee.

3rd day of orientation! Treasure hunt. I'm with the orange laces. Hur hur.

I just want to give credit to Nadia and Queenie for the photos! Thanks loads! I owe you 2 a million. No. 2 millions. LOL. Okay, I'm lame.

Off to bed! :D (okay, I think photos make me happy.)

No comments: