Thursday, September 01, 2005

Birthdays and Celebrations!

It's a special day today, because it's Ben's birthday! For the students in Singapore, it's also Teachers' Day, which means they get to celebrate and everything today! Happy Teachers' Day, 教师节快乐!to all the noble teachers of Singapore! Plus, the weather is sooooo wonderful on this especially beautiful day. I could see a ray of sunlight peeking through the small gap between my curtains at 7am! How cool is that? Banana-ly cool. Haha.

A few days ago, I emailed my mama, telling her how I was doing, and added that it was Ben's birthday today. I don't know what's gotten into her, but she replied, and I quote, "enjoy your holidays and give bennie a muck for me for his birthday hahahaha, I think his face will be red like fire!" My jaw DROPPED from 10th floor to Basement 3. I read the email to Ben, and he commented that my mama is drunk. -rofl- But the whole email was weird actually, cos she used words like, "no worries", "ciao" and "hahaha". How spunky can my mama get? Really,no kidding man. Mamas these days.. Totally different from their mamas - our Ah Mas. OH! It was my Ah Ma's birthday yesterday! How cool is that?!

It's been birthdays after birthdays for me this week. Last night we enjoyed company with my ex hostel mates back in El Nido, and of course, the matron himself, since he was the birthday MAN. (: It was really fun, drinking and munching goodies at his place before heading to the Chinese restaurant for dinner. Pete and his friends (one of them being a FY teacher) were really jovial and totally enjoying themselves, and it was really interesting getting to know more about Kiwi culture.

We were talking about getting older and ages, and we were forced to guess who was older between Pete and Matt(the FY teacher). As Pete said, by the end of the day, we'd make a friend and an enemy! LOL. But in the end, they told us the truth, and obviously, I got the answer right! Haha. Pete's other friend Jackie told us that she was older than both of them! Our eyes were literally popping outta our eye sockets, cos' she definitely didn't look THAT old, or so we thought. Pete joked that she's had 5 face lifts. Haha. The night was filled with our laughters and singing and jokes. Really entertaining night.

What's up next? Ben's birthday, of course. OH I forgot to mention! Today is a special day too, because..

.
.
.
.
.

I GOT A PARCEL ALL THE WAY FROM SINGAPORE!!!!!!

-bounces around the room-


I was exhilarated! Well, photos will show how happy I am. To think I would be taking photos in jammies and messy hair but BIG GORGEOUS EYES. Siao liao.

Big hugs from me to my wonderful lil' sister Janice for spending $12 (not including the big envelope thingy) just to send the parcel here, and also not forgetting the Pink N7610 handphone cover she got for me! OMGOMGOMG, I'm in lurvvvv with pink again. Indulge in the pink thug, baby! And also to Joan and Shuo! Thanks for all the funky necklace & bracelets you've gotten for me! I totally enjoyed taking photos of myself with those accessories! Somehow I have the feeling that today would be a grrrrreat day for both Ben and I...

PHOTOS ON THE NEXT POST! WATCH THIS SPACE.

4 comments:

jaccy said...

oh my.. he is so so so young.. goodness..... littleboi man!!

puipo said...

happy gurl...

jessicA* said...

jac
Huh? Maybe you're getting old.. Hahaha. We all are, no worries.

Nien
(: Hello Nien!

jaccy said...

...... im not old loh! it's he is young!! now den can watch m18!