Sunday, September 04, 2005

Something to ponder about..

Well, there's been this Singapore-Malaysia thing actively spreading around the whole blogsphere, or at least among the Singaporeans and Malaysians, especially after Xiaxue criticised how sucky her trip to KL was. Being a really popular blogger, I'm sure many have read that post. Some may agree with her, and some don't. Well, needless to say, many, and I mean MANY, blogders and bloggers did comment on her KL entry. Thus, stirring up the SIN-MSIA 'war' thingy in the blogsphere.

I mean, come on, abit the childish right? I'm Singaporean, and I do love my country alot. I've also got a number of Malaysian friends, since I actually am studying abroad. I'm pretty sure they don't hate their country. I went to KL in early January this year. Honestly speaking, I didn't really like the place, but I went there to celebrate my friend's birthday. No matter what, I still had fun there, so I shouldn't go criticising about some other country.

It hurts me when people start hurling bad comments about Singapore in some of the blogs. I feel absolutely terrible, because, I'm actually quite used to people praising about how clean Singapore is, how fast we've improved since the olden days, how excellent our public transport system is etc. Then again, some commented that Malaysia stinks, for eg, taxi drivers are dishonest, and I found it disturbing too, because these comments do anger people, especially Malaysians.

I'm not trying to say that we shouldn't comment on Xiaxue's bad experience, but I guess this SIN-MSIA thing has gone way too far. Ever wondered if more and more people start reading and creating blogs, the whole blogsphere would seem so realistic until there would be a real war?! Oh please, don't make that happen. 唇亡齿寒 is all I remember from my 250 成语 book that clearly defines how I should handle this terrible 'crisis'. Singapore and Malaysia are both so close to each other, either by geographical manner or having relatives across the causeway. It is common for people t0 have relatives of another country, but relatives of different families all from the same country? Maybe not that common after all. Some political stuff that I can't be bothered much about have added fuel to the huge flame of hatred between the 2 countries.

Damn, just don't go to war lah. Tolong tolong. And stop all these SG vs MSIA thing too. It's getting on my nerves.

7 comments:

jaccy said...

well, i totally agree abt the cab experience cos i experience it and im not beri happie abt it too haa.. but i just walk back to my hotel haha.... :P luckily not faR man..haha..

jaccy said...

and i now appreciate singapore's cabbies haha.. but i guess it's just the way we are brought up? haha we are too protected already..haha..

puipo said...

er..
wat should i say..?
hmm..
there things bout malaysia tat are not tat good..i agree..
i even hate it sometimes..
but i hope everyone can understand tat nothing is perfect..
cant say much bout these things..
juz treat it as a experience..
if dont like it..
then dont do it agian loh?
simple rite?

Stephanie Low said...

U noe wats the irony with ppl now?
They getting more and more stupid and childish as they grow up.
They dun tink!

Not every country is perfect one la..its subjective mah..

In a nut shell............

XIAXUE JUST BLOODY SUI TO MEET THE BAD SIDE (BACKSIDE HAHA) OF KL LAH.=P

jaccy said...

yah loh.. lk me.. i dun lk.. den walk baCk to hoTel loh :P haha.. dun take the cabbiE ;)But i must say that Swiss Garden is greaT haha.. i lk that hotel.. the person who served me is nice :P haha.. she should seriously go to sungei wang (it's lk far east plaza standard) n times sq is too big liao.. cant walk finish wan haha...

jessicA* said...

I went to Sungei Wang leh, also not all that fantastic.. Only got DVDs at 3 for 10RM!!!! OMG. Haha, oh well, what's done is done.. Can't do anything about it. Well I guess XX is really popular that's why..

Claire said...

Halo jess iz claire =)
aww what is going on between singapore and malaysia??
I heard that u guys are some times agresive with each other.. sad ay..
iz like japan and korea... im in the middle of both... some times make me sad too.
ne way, ty for last night!! I really loved it!!
have a good day and c u around =)