Saturday, March 17, 2007

40 Hour Famine Part 2

Yes!

I just passed my 26th hour!!! 14 hours to go! Because daylight saving ends tonight, it's 11pm instead of 12am! 1 extra hour of sleep for the people in moomooland~~ "MOOOOO!" So the time difference between Singapore and NZ is now 4 hours only!

The previous post was typed out right in the middle of the 'critical period' that I have to pass before I feel numb and not hungry anymore, like how I'm feeling right now. I thought I handled it quite badly, because I was having crazy thoughts of indulging in so many different kinds of food, I was complaining to myself and so on. Boy am I glad that it's over! Haha. But I can bet with you that when I get up tomorrow morning, I'd be veryyy hungry! Of course, I'll still wait for my sis to get up and we can go to Golden Harvest for a dimsum session! Yay! A 'reward' for a job well done for me. Haha.

Ben and I went over to Lyds' and HX's place tonight, cos both of them needed our 关怀! I can't think of a good English translation to that, but it's something like care and concern? Hmm. But oh well! Hope the 2 of them feel better now.. Ben said we acted as if we were Santa Claus-es for the night! Hahaha.. Cos we brought 'presents' for them - edible stuff like er, food?! Hahaha.

I'm in this numb-and-not-hungry stage that even watching someone eating a beef burger, Indo mee, Farmbake's chocolate chip cookies, M&M's chocolate, Macaroni & Cheese, and stepping into VELVET BURGER (omg I MUST go there one day!!) won't push me into wanting to eat! Yeah, imagine how much temptation I received in just 1 day... It felt horrible before, but it's all good now. (: I even looked up for cake recipes! Initially I felt soooooooo hungry while looking at those uber delicious desserts, but now, I'm coping well.. Hehe.

All the best to all those who are doing the famine - whether or not you're not eating, talking, using the phone, you have my respect. (:

No comments: