Saturday, March 17, 2007

40 Hour Famine Part 1

Halfway into my 17th hour of 40 hour famine, and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO weak and hungry...

Should I just sleep on my hunger, or should I just start studying and pretend that my hunger doesn't exist?

It's so difficult.. Initially in the morning, I was handling it so well, I felt a little hungry, but was able to curb the thoughts of food almost entirely. But now, after sitting next to Ben and Josephine while they had their lunch, waiting for Janice to come back from her lunch, and listening to people decide where to have their lunch, I'm totally GUTTED! ARGHHHHHHHH~~~

Tahan, Jess! 22+ more hours to go! Almost halfway through! It's for a good cause!!

I'm so gonna gobble my food down at tomorrow's lunch. Imagine those kids in Third World countries. I bet they don't even have food for at least a few days, let alone 40 hours. All of us who can fill their stomachs everyday should be feeling blessed right now. So, so very blessed.

My tummy is filled with Ribena! I've drank about 5 cups of Ribena for the whole day, and I guess I should change my drink to Honey water or something after 6pm.. I feel abit filled, but still the sensation of drinking isn't exactly the same as eating, if you get what I mean. And because I drink so much, I visit the toilet alot too! Good news is that I now know that my kidneys aren't failing me, and I'm not dehydrated! (: Think positively, Jess!

I suddenly feel a little bit better. I know I can do this. 40 hours isn't too bad!

Haha, will update again before I sleep!

3 comments:

reddaisie said...

yea u can do it jess!!

Anonymous said...

hey babe.. u can do it. Sleep on it if u need to. I will support u! You can do it. Talk to me online if u need to in the night...

Lyds

Unknown said...

add oil! not literally, of course...
i know a lot of people just sleep the whole day to minimize their energy usage. sounds like copping out in some respects but i suppose it works.