Sunday, October 15, 2006

Funny.


No, this ain't my new cell phone. Haha.

This afternoon while walking to town for lunch, I found this cell phone on the ground!

So Janice and I decided to text one of the owner's friends to try and contact her.

I texted the first message, and it went something like,

"Hey, your friend accidentally dropped her phone on e floor. Is there any way you can contact her so we can return the phone to her?"

Normal normal text. Just asking her friend to help us contact her.

A message came through.

"Hi, where's e floor? I can contact her on her other phone"

Then I thought he was asking where exactly she dropped her phone, so I said Union St blahblah.

But after that I realised that he was asking where E FLOOR is.

No, there isn't a place called E FLOOR in Dunedin.

It's just that I typed THE FLOOR in short form.

Haha. Maybe only some people uses 'e' as 'the'.

But anyway, he came in the end and got the phone back for his friend.

Funny, but a good deed done today! (:

No comments: