Thursday, January 24, 2008

Summer 2007 (I)

This summer, I:

1) Was introduced to the all-new Ang Mo Kio Hub! Now shopping can be done in flip-flops and pjs without (much) staring.


2) Was recommended by Qi the yummiest 拉面 I've ever tasted. Still unsure of the name but it's the cheapest and simplest 拉面 @ Crystal Jade. Fried onion 拉面?Unsure.


3) Got my own stethoscope - a Littman Classic S.E II Burgundy stethoscope!


4) Was invited to Qi's 21st! Food for Thought is a cosy little cafe @ Bugis, where you can spend your weekend chatting and appreciating the delicious foods they cater.


5) Realised that Mum's taste for flats is awesome. (unfortunately I wasn't able to smuggle them back to NZ, cos mum loves them ><) 6) Finally cut my hair short, after 2 years. And loving it! (I cut my hair a 2nd time before I came back again. Now it's a different style!)


7) Had to look after AJ who got wobbly and couldn't walk nor stand for a day and was better after that. Recent news from my brother yesterday was that his leg was inflammed. Hmm. Abit vague but I'm quite worried about AJ!!!!! >< 8) Met up with my SISTEL Josephine, who's back in CHCH now.. My shopping buddy! Wait for me @ CHCH! Our shopping won't end in NZ!


9) Was fortunate enough to be able to appreciate the beautiful lightings along Orchard Road. (:


10) Along with the rest of my family, had to babysit our cousin's dog, Melody!


11) Met up with Joan and Shuo my 2 crazy AC pals for countless of times (except those times when Shuo was 'sick') and had so much good food!


12) Finally met my brother's one and only surviving hermit crab for real - Velocity. Oh, wait. Is it Peace. I forgot which was the one that died. Oops.


13) Got to celebrate Stephie's mini birthday lunch at Boss Restaurant!


14) Finally met up with my dearest cousins and had international buffet at Fairmont Hotel that night.

Food Galore!



1) Bought Roti Prata from Jalan Kayu, but didn't even have a bite. Yeah, the whole time I was in SG. Sucks.

2) Duck rice!! OH GOSH I LOVE DUCK MEAT 1314. (what the..)


3) Food for Thought - nice and cosy eatery/cafe. They provide western food and the price is fairly reasonable.




3) Jumbo Seafood twice in a month! And both times with the family! Ah Ma!!! (X


4) My favouritest hang out place - Starbucks. No matter which part of the world I'm in.


5) Ya Kun Kaya Toast.. Mmmmm~~ (gosh, my tummy's rumbling already!!!)


6) HAD to have Bak Kut Teh after my aunt and I watched a food variety show whereby the host was researching so much about BKT she was visiting several BKT shops. I was salivating that night and had to have some BKT the next morning! (what a glutton, jess)

7) Boss Restaurant. Wasn't allowed to take any photos of the food, but I must say that their dim sum are creative, new and yummy. Not recommended for those who prefer the traditional dim sum.



That's it for now. Stayed tuned for more of Jessica's summer vacation adventure! =.=

OUT!

No comments: