Friday, October 26, 2007

About blogging.

Note to self: MUST FINISH STUDYING RDA TODAYYY!

Just a random thought.

I'm in no say to what other people think, but to me, I think that blogs can be so public, yet so private at the same time. You never know what people are exactly saying when they put a 'you' inside, or a 'she' or a 'he' (obviously this won't be referring to me..). It's a diary, but an open one. I never knew this would ever happen, because when I still had a REAL diary which can be held, can have pages flipped over and over again, I had soooooo much difficulty trying to hide it somewhere so Mum/Sis/Domestic helper won't find it COINCIDENTALLY and start reading about my crush about this guy and that guy and everything else.. (oops.) Now blogs are just, open diaries! Never expected this to ever happen in my life. Ever.

Anyway! Back to my topic.

Some girls start gushing over this really awesome guy.. Rahrahrah.. Without his name inside so they won't feel at all embarrassed if someone who knew THAT awesome guy reads her blog.

Kids start cursing and swearing about this particular teacher. Tell me how many Miss Lee-s there are in this world who are teachers?

But come to think of it, once you pen any of these details down, there's always someone reading it (because you allowed them to do so duh) and IF there ever is a coincidence that your post was about that particular someone, then you've been exposed!

There will hardly be any coincidence when you say 'I went to Cineleisure at 3pm this afternoon with HER. If it wasn't for Jane I wouldn't be there at all! We watched Me, Myself and Dupree. Gosh. (add whatever b*tching about her).'

If you think she doesn't have your blog address and won't read what you say about her, then you're wrong. Friends link to you, friends' friends link to them, friends' friends' friends link to them.. And TADA! Your blog's been found - COINCIDENTALLY. Congrats to you. You've been exposed!

About bad-mouthing teachers, if you know where this kid is residing, maybe you can narrow the list down, and if you EVER know which school he/she's in, HOHO, he/she could be in danger of getting detention or publicly apologizing to the teacher in front of the whole school!

I remember one of my classmates in secondary school was punished for teasing one of our teachers when he did some photoshop to her photo or something along that line. SEE? Even PRINCIPALS of your school READS YOUR BLOG.

Don't ever think the blogosphere is safe - especially if you're saying bad stuff about people! We all blog hop and hop and hop into so many people's so-called private lives and read and look at pictures of them.. Rahrahrah. If you want a private diary, just own one yourself! The internet itself is already exposing you to the whole wide worldddd.

This post is NOT pinpointing to a particular person, because it does happen to many of us. Any similarity in any of the fictional characters in this post is purely coincidental.

Gosh, I love that word - coincidental.

No comments: