Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lost.

PLEASE tell me that I'm the most direction-less person in the WORLD. (I really hope Joan isn't reading this!!)

Today I met Joan and Shuo for dinner and shopping at Marina Square. Had dinner at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe. Honestly speaking, there is definitely a variety of food there - you can even get western meals and spagetti and baked rice there, but the food there to us was just so-so. In Cantonese (since we're in a HK cafe), ma3 ma1 dei2 lah~~~ (so-so in Cantonese. I think the 汉语拼音 is so right loh. HAHA). That's our review, so if you really like that place, then maybe we ordered different dishes! (: Oh, can I also add that a few of their staff members are actually people from Hong Kong?! The waitress who attended to us couldn't even understand what we were saying! I was speaking in perfect English, and she was like, "HUH.....?" plus a very blur looking expression. She needed a true Singaporean waiter to translate it into Canto for her before she could finish taking our orders. They need to be trained to understand our Singaporean accent! Hehe, that's just my suggestion.


Joan was talking to her sweetie, while Shuo and I just took some photos. Surprisingly, not many photos today! We had SO much to talk man.

After all the shopping (I BOUGHT 4 pairs of earrings for about $7!!!! Incredibly cheap man. Go to Fresh Profusion at Marina Square! 3 pairs for only $5!!), Joan went home by MRT, while lazy Shuo and I decided to take bus service 851 home since it stops directly in front of our houses. We found the bus stop going AWAY from our house, but the road was one way, so we didn't know where the opposite bus stop was. So we asked this lady at the bus stop, who appeared to be nice and friendly. We followed her directions and realised that there wasn't any bus 851! So we asked ANOTHER lady if she knew. She pointed to another direction and off the silly girls went. We found almost 4 bus stops, and NONE with 851. The closest we got was 857, which also goes to Yishun. Doesn't stop at my place, so we decided not to take it. And finally, we admitted defeat. WE WERE LOST. IN SINGAPORE. FOR A WHOLE HOUR.

By then, I was too tired to walk anymore. We walked all the way from City Hall MRT station, to Funan the IT mall, to SMU, to YWCA, to the National Museum, to Paradiz Centre, to Cathay Cineplex, to Plaza Singapura. We tried waiting for a taxi at the taxi stand outside Paradiz Centre, but all the taxis were ON CALL!!! Never mind... So we walked and walked and walked until my feet were KILLING me. We waited at PS taxi stand and finally got a cab! You don't know how HAPPY we were. Thank you Shuo for accompanying me. Yes, I know I wasted so much of your STUDY time (lol.), but friends stick with each other even when we're in trouble, like when we're lost right? Haha. If Joan reads this, we'd be laughingstocks!! FOR LIFE! Oh yeah, and I'm writing this in my blog. Right in front of so many other pairs of eyes. We're scarred, Shuo! Aiyah, never mind lah. Anyway, 我是出了名的 LOST GIRL! No one can ever beat me. Hur hur, so proud of it somemore.

OUT!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
2 LOST SHEEPS WALKING AROUND SINGAPORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jessicA* said...

OMG JOAN!

When do you EVER check my blog lah?!?! Shuo is gonna kill me kill me kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Anonymous said...

ever since i started internship!!
hahahaha