Monday, January 22, 2007

'Hi, er, who are you?'

Been really busy these 2 weeks. So updates won't be as regular as before...

I like meeting up with people I haven't seen in a while, but sometimes, it would be better off not meeting old friends. Especially old flames. Hahahaha. I'm joking.

I know I've been away from Singapore for a whole 3 years, so some friends of mine eventually become acquaintances. Or just someone I see in Friendster who just added photos. (ROFL!) Honestly, every time when I'm out, I will tend to spot people whom I once knew. Somehow, something just held me back from saying 'Hi!' to them, just not sure what it is. I guess it's just the fear of them not being able to remember me.

Imagine this scenario: You see this friend you haven't seen in 4 years. This friend used to be really good friends with you when you were in the same secondary school. Somehow or other, you 2 lost contact but have each other's FRIENDSTER (haha, don't know why I had to bring that in. this shows how inefficient friendster actually is. it's just a medium for people to post their oh-so-pretty photos and oh you've been clubbing alot lately kinda photos. rofl). You 2 were like 10 metres away from each other, yet you had to pretend you didn't see him/her because of this stupid awful feeling that he/she won't be able to recognize you. But you have to admit that it'd be so embarrassing if your so called friend FORGETS YOUR NAME. Or maybe don't even recognize you because you've changed so much (like changing from specky to contacts, short to long hair, no make up to with make up, fit to flabby. whichever way you wanna put it.)

I think that's what I'm afraid of.

But I can't stand it!!!! You don't know how much I'd like to go up to them and say 'Hello! Remember me?' However, at the same time, I wouldn't wanna get a 'NO, crazy girl!' as an answer.

Tough, hoh?

Gees. I still think Friendster is not a very good way to keep in touch with your friends. But I still do enjoy looking at people's profile and testimonials and photos. Friendster-ing can get me laughing for nothing man. Seriously. How fun is that.

Another thing is that I lost some of my friends' contact numbers, and when they txt or call me, I'd be so paiseh cos I had to ask who they are... And 2 of my friends tried to be funny. 1 claimed to be a Bruce Li and pretended to hook me up (don't worry, he was too lousy lah. i exposed him almost right away. lol. find me someone who really has that name), and the other pretended to be another friend of mine whom I'm not very close with. Hurhurhur. Nvm, they're such entertainers, seriously. Oh, and I don't have caller ID either. So if you call my cell and I go 'Er, who are you ah?', DON'T BLAME ME PLEASE! I've been scolded several times already loh... Mum doesn't wanna pay $5 for my caller ID, so I'll have to make do without it.

That's what problems a student who studies overseas encounters. Or maybe just me.

OUT!

No comments: