Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sitting Down Here - Lene Marlin

Mooloo people, how have you guys been? Great? (:


Today's a public holiday (ANZAC DAY), so everyone in NZ is great (except for those who's got presentations and assignments to hand in tmr!)! So buy some poppies people! Haha. Speaking of public holidays, does anyone know if it's a public holiday, is it ILLEGAL to open your store and continue business on that day?

Take the Easter weekend for example. Many Kiwis have to stock up food in their pantry for the long weekend, since most shops are closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and maybe Easter Monday. Shops DO include supermarkets! However, on both Good Friday and Easter Sunday, we had our dinner @ Asian Restaurant, which shows that it isn't at all illegal to be open for business on a public holiday. Otherwise some funny police would storm into the shop and demand the lady boss to close her shop. Come to think of it, it would be very funny.

Funny Policeman: HEY MRS LADY BOSS, you aren't supposed to be open for business today! What are you doing serving food to these lazy students who can't be bothered to cook at home?!

Lady Boss: Oh oh oh, I'm sorry Funny Policeman, but these students need to have their food, or they'll starve tonight!

Funny Policaman: No, it's an absolute NO! You have to close for the day now.

Lady Boss: Since it's already 830pm, why don't you wait till 930pm when we close? You can stay here while I give you some chow mein. FOC, Sir!

Funny Policeman: Hmm, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Okay, then! Bring in the crispy chicken chow mein!

OH MAN, I'm getting lamer and lamer by the day.

But other than the restaurant we ate at, most shops are closed, including other resturants. Hmm. And there weren't many customers @ Asian Restaurant as well. This still baffles me. Haha.

I've still got a week of holiday to relax and study (hur hur hur). Yesterday has been wasted on DOTA. Oh man, seriously, that thing is addictive! So if you haven't started on that game, please don't even think about playing it. It hooks and clings on you for a long time. WHAHAHA. I don't know about you guys, but I'm kinda addicted to it, even though I'm really bad at Dota. Hmm.



At the computer lab. We had almost 10 people playing together last night, and all are from our church. HAHA. We've been dota-ing like mad since coming back from church camp. Awww, church camp.. I miss it so much now. Anyway, 8 of us started playing first. It was girls vs guys (4 v 4). Our team (the girls team, of course!) actually had only 3 girls, then Joshua changed his name to Hooi Xian and pretended to be a girl. ROFL. But he's the Dota pro after all, so after all the rage and killing and pawning and whatever, the girls' team WON!!!! LOL. Ben was actually next to me, and I pawned on him first! Ben said, 'THAT'S IT, JESS.' and we kept killing and attacking each other. Seriously, this game does affect your relationship with your friends, especially if you're on different teams. So I would say to Ben, 'OK, so I've killed you once, now you can come and try to take my head.' Doesn't sound fun anymore right? But if we don't do that, he'll start complaining 'JESS WHY YOU KILL ME AGAIN...'. BWAHAHAHA. I stopped playing after 2 rounds of Dota (ONLY), before I started to surf the net and dozed off with my head on the table.

I think I'm really bad at keeping myself awake through the whole night. I don't know how you guys do it, but if I actually DID stay up through the night, I'd already be on my bed before 7am. No kidding! And if I don't have anything interesting things to do, I'd fall asleep before 3am. These timings are like fixed into my life. Imagine.

Jessica can sleep at most 13 hours. Jessica has to sleep at least 5.5 hours. Jessica cannot stay awake for more than 24 hours. etc..

Okay, back to last night. The rest of them continued playing while I was slipping into my dream after the 2nd game. Ben had to send me home before rushing back to continue playing. I felt abit booboo-ed, cos I can't stay awake!! ): Oh well, nevermind. I guess it isn't just me who can't stay awake. Maybe computer games are not my things after all, if you compare it to shopping, singing, dancing etc. YEH!

ASEAN Cultural Night will be held on 29th April 2006 at Castle 1, Otago Uni students! Please come and support ME!!! I mean, please come and support US!!! Hahaha. This year's ASEAN Night is co-hosted by the Otago Singapore Club and the Otago Malaysian Students Association. I really hope there would be a good turn out, because the Mayor of Dunedin and the High Commissioner of Singapore stationed at Wellington would be coming down to see this performance. We'll just do our best! Speaking of which, we've only got 4 days to go till the big night! The dance is finally completed! All we gotta do now is to put in my ENERGY and effort. Can't wait!


Grabbed from Michie. (: And as Mich says, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!! Woohoo!


I know, I know, I still haven't posted the camp photos up. No worries, after I've gotten them into my hands (Muahaha), I'd post alot alot of photos ok? (:

Happy Anzac Day to all Australians and NZers!

No comments: