Thursday, December 22, 2005

Melbourne Trip Part II

Part II of Melbourne Trip is up, although it's not at all complete. Haha. I just got back from cold Japan and it was UBER FUN I tell you. Okay, here's Melbourne again!
Day 3 (03/12/2005)
We slept at approximately 3am on the same day, so all of us woke up terribly late. We were just in time for lunch, but we cooked breakfast for lunch. Haha. As Xueqi bought pancake mix from Coles supermarket at Oakleigh, we decided to make some for.. lunch. It was so terrible!!! It was because the fire was too high, so the pancakes burnt almost instantly, and the shapes of the pancakes were not round, they were, well, irregular shapes, like the animal shapes of McCain’s chicken nuggets for kids.
Andrew just stood there looking at our misfortune, while Jack was still in his dreamland. Xueqi went to wake her darling up and told him of our inexperience at the kitchen. So, the expert came out to cook himself. I must say he’s not a bad cook after all! However, his pancake was drained with butter. Eeee.. Haha! But at least it was so beautiful as compared to Xueqi’s and mine. ROFL. Andrew decided to make the last pancake, and guess what? The bystander of the day made the most delicious and nicest pancake! It was round, it was not burnt, it was puurfect! - claps for Andrew! - So, we had our lunch at 11 plus before Andrew went to his friend’s place, and the 3 of us went to Smith Street, where all factory outlets were situated.

burnt pancakes except Andrew's . scrambled eggs which looked like a fat snake . our breakfast! .
Whie waiting for a tram to Smith Street, we saw these.


xueqi pls tell me this is the parliament house . a wedding! . them taking photos . a glimpse of Melbourne's tram .
While waiting for the tram, we also did these.


xueqi and i . us again . candid shot of jack . LEAP FOR JOY! . checking time for tram . jack in tram . a photo ruined by xueqi's finger (or was it jack. omg.) . qi and her keung zai . oh man this is the same pic as the 1st .
Had a drink at Melon Head Fruit Juice Bar!


melon head fruit juice bar . me reading gossip mags and sipping on my drink . meloooon head . jack mak .
The whole stretch of road was filled with discounted stuff from Adidas, Nike, Billabong, Roxy, Ripcurl, Brooks and so many more. We chanced upon this lingerie store, so Xueqi and I went in to have a look, while poor Jack had to wait outside for us. I think both of us spent about half an hour in the shop. Jack made a funny comment, and it was that we spent so much time buying clothes other people can’t see (lingerie hidden from people what), rather than using the time to look at clothes other people can see. Xueqi replied that we would be happy just looking at ourselves in the mirror, don’t need anyone else see also happy.
We got back to the apartment and Andrew had already bought the necessary ingredients for dinner. Xueqi wanted to cook her Coke chicken and egg tofu, so Jack and her went to pa tuo, leaving poor Andrew and I in the apartment. I cut up the kang kong and some garlic and put them aside, before marinating the pork for Jack as he wanted to cook sweet and sour pork. While attempting to cut an onion, I accidentally cut my finger with the knife!
DAMNDAMNDAMN! I was so angry with myself, as I had been so careless in the kitchen for the first time, and I also made them worried. Adding to that, I felt so alone then. Xueqi and Jack were still not back from their pa tuo-ing to the Asian grocery, and Andrew went downstairs to get band-aids for me. I was alone in the apartment for like 5 minutes, and I could feel the emptiness of the place. No noise, no people, no Ben. Xueqi and Jack came back with the band-aids as Andrew went to have a puff downstairs, and Xueqi said to me that she was afraid Ben would be angry with her for not looking after me. (: That silly girl. All 4 of us helped in the washing and cooking, and I was so happy that none of the dishes was inedible. I showed some of my little culinary skills too (except the cutting of finger part)! Haha. While cooking, another misfortune struck me. I was rinsing some cutlery at the sink, and Andrew was opening one of the drawers. Careless me spun round too quickly, took a step out, and at my swing phase of my gait cycle (HAHA, only Bio students would understand this. It just means when I lifted my foot to take another step), the back of my left shin came in contact with the edge of the drawer, and my skin tore. OUCHHH. The cut was superficial, but there was blue black around the wound too. Poor Jessica had 2 injuries on the same day, just in the kitchen. Probably I’m not fit to be in the kitchen. But I still love cooking…


my cut index finger . 3 of them in the kitchen . qi! . their living room with my unicorn, corncorn .


yummiest home cooked meal ever!
Jack got Qi a whie iPod nano for her birthday! I was envious, I really was!!! Look at that thing!


qi's iPod nano . SO THIN! . i want it . oh god.. . my iPod MINI which is larger than a nano . ecstatic with nano . jack's is black n qi's is white . nanos + elephant mini . LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE IN WIDTH PLEASE .
Day 4 (04/12/2005)
The day started with making pancakes yet again! This time, pro Jack mastered the skill to make the most delicious pancakes in the world! Haha! We managed to have fluffy pancakes for breakfast, along with ham and scrambled egg. Yum.


breakfast is ready! . better pancakes i reckon . yum! . just woke up still wanna take photos .


my artistic photo . xueqi with jack behind . artistic photo of jack . we . are . so . bored . me! . waiting for the train .


horse carriage running all over melbourne city
I lost some of the photos on this day! Will edit this post again. Hahaha.

1 comment:

Qi said...

Hey!!! I can make yummlicious ROUND, DECENT PANCAKES now too!!! : D