Friday, May 30, 2008

Dead tired.

Queen's birthday on Monday.

Everyone around me is saying to one another, 'have a great long weekend!'. Everyone have wide smiles on their faces. Some are thinking or has already PLANNED on a weekend trip to somewhere nice and relaxing. Some are going to just lay back and stay home with their beloved ones. Except Jess (and the rest of the Medical team), BECAUSE WE'RE ON CALL THIS LONG WEEKEND!

Got back from the night on call at 2315ish, and I was both hungry and tired. I had to choose whether or not I wanted to eat at all. I was famished, so I opted to eat. Great. I hate sleeping right after eating, so I watched a little bit of TV, still trying to stay awake, think through what I've seen on tonight's duty, watch a little bit more, then showered, and now using the com. I'm extremely tired now but I think this is the best time to express how very tired I can get and how dysfunctional I can be when I don't get enough sleep/have been doing too much in the day.

Had my practice OSLER today. It was a simple cardio case. I did get all the questions and findings (EXCEPT FOR THE MURMUR. I thought it was both mitral regurgitation and aortic stenosis, but it was only aortic stenosis with radiation to the axilla!!! sorry, pardon me.), but I presented pretty badly.. So I really have to brush up my presenting.. Especially the summary, when I don't EVEN summarize at all. This is bad. The real thing's either next week or the week after. It's going to depend on the coin and which face I choose. Yep, gonna flip the coin with my colleague to see who goes first.

It's Janice's birthday this Tuesday and I haven't even gotten anything for her. See I'm even saying what I'm thinking right now, I think I should stop blogging.

My eyes are the size of slits and they're burning.. And dry... Ward round at 8am. It's 1:03am now.

Happy long weekend, guys.

1 comment:

reddaisie said...

hey jess...
u sounded really tired...rest well girl.. or ..after ur oncall week...sleep 48 hours to replenish :)
take care