Monday, May 26, 2008

Cutting throats.

I've been having really negative feedback of the people at the hospital, especially my colleagues.. And I don't even know how to deal with it.


It seems like if one wants to excel and get Distinctions in our runs, then we gotta do everything right, get every answer to their question right, be ALWAYS there so they'll see that you're in the wards doing something, always LOOK and SOUND enthusiastic, laugh at every of their jokes even if they're NOT funny at all.. I've seen so many of these in the past 4 months, and I want a break from them.

It's so superficial. I find it so annoying sometimes, but I won't say it, because it's just mean.. And I know it's wrong to even think so badly of them.. My bad.. Even if they know that what they're doing is somewhat despicable, all they want is just a good grade, right?

We had a tutorial today, and my tutor was asserting his belief that every doctor/medical student are good at cutting throats. If you're not gonna perform, the rest of the team will just slowly drag that dagger of theirs across your throat. You're so not gonna survive this very unfair match.

I do agree with him to an extent, but surely not everyone's like that? I'm neither an extreme shut up person, and neither am I a chatterbox that goes on and on the whole day.. I'm just really afraid that cut throat assassins would not spare my throat if I don't perform better than them. At the same time, I don't want to become like one of them.

It's hard being in this. ):

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two medical students were taking a leisure walk in the park, when they came across a hungry and wild bear!!

One of the medical students immediately started to put on his jogging shorts and running shoes.

The second medical student saw him and laughed, "Did you think we could outrun this bear?"

The first medical student shook his head. "No, all I need is to outrun you."



Have fun with the rest of your med school years!

-joseph (if you still remember me!)

reddaisie said...

it's not easy eh?
i've just started work and...working life is not the simple...ppl are plain complicated :(

reddaisie said...

anyway...we just stay true to ourselves..
GAMBATE!!!!

jessicA* said...

Joseph: Hi Joseph! Of course I remember you! (: Thanks for that mini story. Hopefully I got your point right.. Haha. How are you doing in Palmy?

Pao: Hello Pao! Long time no hear from you (: Yes, it may be tough.. All the bad side of reality.. We'll make it through this! Gambate to you too ^^ Take care out there!