Wednesday, March 26, 2008

KIASU.

Am I like what Mum say about me: Kiasu?


4am Tuesday morning: I dreamt I was cutting someone's left off (!!!!) for no apparent reason, and I woke up holding onto a leg, thinking it wasn't mine I kept shaking it off trying to get it away from me. James was awoken by my screaming and saw me kicking my right leg while I was crying. I was totally blank. My right leg really felt like it wasn't mine.. I guess I was still semi-conscious and still living my dream (HURHUR). He shook me to get me thinking straight, until I realised my leg felt sooooooo 酸 - like a dull achy feeling which was SO UNCOMFORTABLE. I didn't sleep well the whole night, so did James who woke up at 4am by a mad woman screaming her head off. (and thus was late for his morning appointment with the church people)

Tuesday morning and noon: Dull achy pain still there.. Wondered if it was the way I slept, because the only 'sport' I did the previous day was Wii Sports at Lyd's.. If you think that's enough to cause me my pain for more than 3 days, then yeah, it's Wii's fault. Had lunch with Lyds and was still bothered by it but hoped it would go away soon..

Tuesday 3+pm: Was trying to finish off my assignment on the computer when my right arm started tingling and had the same dull achy feeling. Then my lips started feeling tingly.


OMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was happening to me..? All the terrible possibilities started running across my mind.. I txted James who was at Gore by then, and he replied, "去看医生". Because it was Otago Anniversary, Student Health was closed and so I went to Urgent Doc. As I walked to Urgent Doc, I kept thinking I had a nerve problem.. Did Ah Ma have this? Did anyone else in my family have this? I'm only 21, do I have a stroke? Do I have some upper motor neuron lesion? Do I have a brain haemorrhage..? DO I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOUR? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm only 21 I don't wanna get my life shortened...... I started tearing as I thought of all this RUBBISH.

Txted Lyds and she rushed to the doc to accompany me. (OH MAN THE LIB ALARM JUST RANG AND IT STARTLED ME I JUMPED OFF MY SEAT.. ahem. pardon me.) After I explained to the doc what happened to me, she did a neurological exam on me. There was definitely decreased sensation and motor function on my right side (esp. hand), BUT.....

DOC SAID IT WAS JUST MUSCULAR... Coincidentally both muscles of right leg and right hand were sore at the same time! Yeah! SO COINCIDENTAL, RIGHT? Sleeping on my right side at night, and writing and clicking the mouse with my right hand.. (duh.) At first I wasn't convinced, but after that I thought about it and guessed the doc was just right.. I was totally freaked out lah. The doc found out I'm a med student, and started laughing.. And told me that every med student, at one point of their life, would just think that they have a brain tumour/stroke at age 21 (that's ME)/gonna die at age 38 of a heart attack.

So I spent 70bucks at Urgent Doc............. For consultation, and of course, emotional comfort.

Txted Mum about spending 70 bucks at the doctor, and she called back almost immediately. First thing she said: "Wah, why so kiasu?"

=="


I'm just freaked out these days. Everything that happened. SERIOUSLY. Need a breather!!!

I really need to thank Lyds this time. If it wasn't for her I think I'd be diagnosing myself with the weirdest and longest syndrome you can find in a medical textbook.

P.S. Yes James, you were mentioned up there.

P.P.S Just in case you all think you're reading a blog that belongs to someone faceless, there you go, a photo taken on Saturday.. Before playing Wii..


Yes, I know, my hair's longer now, and uglier too. Lol. Who cares, I'm going back to Singapore to cut my hair again! :D

OUT!


No comments: