Monday, December 31, 2007

Blog skins

After trying several of the other blog hosts - WordPress and LiveJournal, I have concluded that Blogger.com is by far the most user friendly (or, like my friend will say, IDIOT PROOF) for blogging.

For me, picture uploading is the most important function, cos I love posting up photos (so narcissistic..). For both of the other blog hosts, I'm not able to upload photos directly from my computer. But Blogger allows me to.

The reason why I wanted to change my blog host was because the skins for Blogger.com blogs are so limited! Blogskins.com has a whole range of skins for me to choose, but, most skins are just.. How should I say this.. 'Teeny popper-ish'. Skins of Ashlee Simpson (I don't know how many I've encountered.. Uncountable.), 'Girls rock, Boys drool!', 'I love you, Do you love me too?', and many other cute and colourful skins. I mean, most skin creators are 13 year old girls who just completed their PSLE.. You can't expect too much from them.

LiveJournal and WordPress do not have as big a range of skins as Blogger, however their skins are, honestly, better looking and more matured.. Haha. If only someone could teach me how to create a skin from scratch, then I'd be a very happy girl. I probably need a blog-skin-making guide for idiots.

Oh, and I think I'm going to change my blog address too. This blog's been serving me faithfully for almost 5 years I think, and I don't like having the old posts in this blog..

旧的不去,新的怎么来呢?

So, I guess I may give this blog address up, and create a new one. And probably, one with restricted entry, because many people, like me, love blog hopping, and sometimes, I feel that I need to have a bit of privacy in my posts.

We'll see. (: It's the new year anyway!

No comments: