Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Flat's Kitchen.

You know, the kitchen of my flat is such a happening place there I doubt there's any kitchen in Dunedin that's as interesting as mine.

My flat kitchen.

Looks like an ordinary kitchen to me. But you don't know what happens in this little kitchen of ours. You can categorize the incidents that happen in there in 2 groups: GOOD and BAD.

Let's just start with the BAD then.

Incident #1:

Here's the scenario. Sis and I cooking dinner. Flatmates #1 and #2 comes in to cook too. Stove has 4.. Erm.. Let's just call them heating elements. So we were using the bottom left hand one. Was cooking sweet and sour pork that night, so left a plate on the bottom right element which wasn't on. Flatmate #1 wants to use top right one, so switches it on. After a long while, I realised the kitchen towel used to soak up the oil for my pork pieces on the plate was turning black in the middle. I thought to myself, "Hmm, what's happening?" and immediately realised that THAT heating element was switched on!!!

I said, "Er, I think you guys switched on the wrong..." But before I could finish what I wanted to say, the plate FLEW towards us!!! IN BITS AND PIECES!!! Our pork pieces were flying too, and the kitchen towel, soaked with oil, landed on the stove and lighted up!!!! Flatmate #1, my sis and I just starred at the flame not knowing what to do, and flatmate #2 (male) quickly took the towel up and threw it into the sink. Thank God no one was hurt. Thank God Janice was wearing my furry pink slippers, or else her foot would've been cut by a huge piece of the plate.

The bad thing was: We lost some of our pork pieces, and my pink furry slippers died cos the piece of the plate was so hot it stuck to the slipper. SO I tried to pull it out and the pink cloth came off together with the piece of plate. ): Oh well... Too bad I didn't take any photos... I was too shocked I guess.

Hmm. I think I'll just leave the BAD incidents there, or else all of you will get a heart attack. Haha. But... Another bad thing that can happen in my kitchen is... BAD FOOD. Take a look at this:

Who bakes such fugly muffins?! Tell me tell me tell me. Do you even know those are MUFFINS?

It's a disaster, I tell you! I was pouring the mixture into each muffin cup and tried not to have too much in every single one of them, so I could avoid something like this to happen. But apparently it was still too much. So this happened. Crap.

Even after some 'decorations' done to those pathetic looking muffins, they still look... Pathetic. But hey, we shouldn't look at things on the outside, right? They actually taste quite good. YUM, hundreds and thousands chocolate muffins!

On the other hand, 1 GOOD thing happened in my kitchen today. HX and I baked cream puffs and it was a success!!! How excited can I get?

Puffs in the oven. The aroma... Indescribable.

Piping hot puffs straight from the oven! Time to stuff the custard into the puffs to make them cream puffs! -duh-

A whole plate of cream puffs for the flat. AHHH, going crazy.

A close up. Someone please lock me in my room.

Time for our customers to try them!

Looks like they truly enjoy them. YAY!


Presented to you by Jessica and Hooi Xian! Thanks for the cool recipe, HX! We should trymaking egg tarts soon! WOOHOO.

Our flat should just try to keep our kitchen clean and safe.

No comments: