Monday, June 18, 2007

Early Community Contact (TAKAKA!)

Currently in Takaka now, a little rural town close to Nelson at the north of the South Island of New Zealand, doing interviews with people and organizations about the health care services in rural areas! I'm doing okay here, which is considered SUPER good for a city girl like me. HAHA. THERE WAS NO RECEPTION SO I COULDN'T TEXT!!! I have to be like some idiot lifting up her handphone in mid air trying to detect SLIGHT reception, and if there was 1 or 2 bars of reception, I'd immediately press the 'send' button and my message will go off to James. HAHA, okay he's the MAJOR person I send texts too, but I've been getting loads of other txts from lotsa other people throughout my whole trip it's crazy! My classmates all label me as the handphone girl now. LOL. Could be a bad thing tho!

It came to me quite badly when we stepped into the backpackers tho'. The place wasn't managed well, there was a reception, the kitchen was lacking of lotsa stuff, the whole place was just like a shabby little ol' house, the owner of the BP was kinda DRUNK when he saw us and spoke to us at about 9pm-ish, 1 particular guy in the BP smoked weed and was kinda high too. -.- But the dorms were okay and free YUMMY home made bread every morning! Haha. Hope I can survive for 3 more nights! I think I can, cos I'm a survivor, RIGHT?!!?! LOLLLLL. Okay I'm going bonkers.

Haven't uploaded any photos just yet cos' I haven't got my camera USB cable and stuff with me right now (in net cafe!).

Experiencing rural life will be SO enriching and fresh for Jess! Hope I can enjoy the uniqueness of this place, and of course, the rural way of life! Presentation on Thursday in Nelson!! Hope the 3 of us (myself + 2 other med classmates) will do it really really well and give a SUPERB presentation on TAKAKA!

Okay, 4 min till I get logged out. I MISS DUNEDIN!!!!!!!!!! (OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST CAME OUTTA MY MOUTH.) LOL. Okay I'm off! Will update again soon!

1 comment:

jaccy said...

i dunnoe wat happened to mine..suddenly disappeared...*angrys** me still long way b4 i get married lah..grr....
i dunnoe why but i cant msg in ur chatterbox too lOL