Friday, July 11, 2008

christchurch trip and my 22nd!!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!!!!

I think today would be one of my favourite-st Fridays in my entire life because I'm extremely tired and I just need to sleep the weekend off!!!!

Pics from Christchurch trip! We had loads of fun even though we didn't do much there.. Haha. I only got the photos when we were in Orana Wildlife Park, will get photos from Janice soon.

Anyway, when we were there it was freezing cold. It started raining, then HAILING, THEN SNOWING!!! At times when we looked out of the window from the cafe, it was snowing on the left and hailing on the right. It's really funny.

The highlight of that visit to the wildlife park was MEETING THE LIONS. HAHAHAHAHA. It was SOOOOOO scary cos we were like a metre away from them! We visited their dens and we got roared at it was FREAKY!!!!!!!! Hahaha. Watch the video and you'll know.


my sis janice with her all new hair cut and hat and bling bling heels that she's really proud of.


i took this photo with james as the BACKGROUND to see the snow falling down. he was wearing black so it was really obvious! janice and i were under an umbrella when this photo was taken.


and then seconds later while taking yet another photo of the snow (and james), the umbrella flipped inside out and janice was screaming her head off. right into my left ear. ouch.


me posing as a lioness. with my glasses. == i'm starting to hate wearing glasses.


THE LION EATING HIS MEAL..................

this is a lion, not a lioness. according to the lion keeper, this chap has been castrated (ouch.) so he wouldn't breed with his sibling (erm... so there's something called incest in the animals in zoos), and because of that, his mane didn't grow out.. awww! we mistook him as a lioness. hahah.


me and the lion. i was actually super fascinated, yet scared at the same time lah..


enjoy this video. HAHA.

we decided that james was responsible for that roaring of the mother lioness cos he was pointing at her and she got pissed off at him. and my cousin ning was like saying 'you wanna hear it roar?' and it really did!!! janice, ning and myself were like damn scared lah!!!!!!


me with the ugly car and my not so ugly sis. HAHAHA. KIDDING jan!!!

more photos with my sis.

MY 22nd!!


at high tide restaurant. very renowned and the food was REALLY good. the service was awesome too.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!


the 22 year old.


with the organiser of this dinner - my SISTA janice !! thanks so much! MUAH! ^^


with mum. lyds was commenting how alike we look and it reminded me of qi, who said i looked like my mum, my aunt and my grandma. HAHA.


mr james and i! he got a burn at the back of his arm that day by a 750deg furnace. OUCHHH. ><


cheers cheers! champagne!


lols. the things we do together.


with lydsy! thanks for coming lyds!!! :D

lyds was part of my surprise, but it got ruined cos i kinda figured out that she was coming.. HAHA. so i concluded that my sis and i are the WORST people for organising surprises cos they always don't work out.

janice was thinking out loud in the car, and she said 'yay my saviour just told me how to go to the restaurant!' then i replied 'aiyah, must be lydia liao.. who else knows such good restaurants lah'.

then my sis got all quiet. HAHAHAHA. i didn't suspect that lyds was joining us, until we drove to the carpark and i saw her car parked right in front of the restaurant.

nice. LOL.


mum and daughters.

then somehow when we arrived at the restaurant, janice, lyds and james were like giving each other eye signals, then james suddenly disappeared. i kept asking where he went and lyds, being a very lousy liar (sorry ah, lyds haha!), said he went to the toilet. he came back like 20minutes later. == and his sweater was COLD when he got back, so that made me pretty suspicious that they've got something else in store for me.

BUT! i forgot about that and after they got me to order DESSERT, the waiter came to me from behind and placed a lited birthday cake in front of me! I WAS REALLY SURPRISED!!!!

and the cake was from the all famous DESSERT ROOM!!!!! yum!!


making a wish as janice looks greedily at the cake.


i was forced to get the last candle outta the cake. why do i look retarded here..


and the beauuuuutiful cake.

(: happy 22nd to me!

and the very vain me who still had eye infection wore contacts that night and the infection flared up again the next day. so i suffered yet another bout of red eye syndrome. EEEEEEEEEW! another week of glasses for me.

OUT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey babe! called me a bad liar! but i dont deny! cos i really dont lie.. hardly ever do.. plus i work with children! how to lie! cannot set bad example!

Me tired too... i intend to sleep this weekend off too! AS much as possible.. i should be in bed.. reading magazines, watching dvd or listening to music!
you rest well, see u soon!

lyds

reddaisie said...

hey happy birthday jess 22nd
U look gorgeous young lady!!!!