Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Size do matter.. In NZ.

Grr. It's not fun seeing a dress that you really really like, but there's absolutely no way to get it. Not because I got no money, but because the sizes are too BIG.

Seriously, NZ boutiques need to import more smaller sizes! I don't reckon that I'm very small (even though I'm still a S in SG), but I do think there is a DEMAND for smaller sizes!!!

This afternoon I spent about an hour shopping for a ball dress (if I could find a nice one). Saw a couple at a few shops.. But the dresses looked as if they were draped on.. Like I was a clothes hanger. It's utterly disappointing.

'Is size 8 the smallest?' I asked the sales assistant. 'Yes, I'm afraid so' would be the reply I'd get.

Went to another shop, and they had size 6! Awesome, right? No. Size 6 was still too big for me. The sales assistant of that boutique said I could well be a size 4.

But who's ever heard of size 4s in NZ?! Smallest size I've ever seen is 6. It's funny though. When I shop at Glasson's/Portmans I can fit into the smallest size perfectly.. But when it comes to dresses it's like a totally different thing.

Yarr!

Daniel Yam would be the peeeerfect shop to be at right now. Too bad they haven't got a branch here.

Sucks.

No comments: