Friday, August 08, 2008

back from hiatus, for a while (:

Wala wala wala... Pixelated olympic rings!

08/08/08
- The 2008 Olympic Games starts on this day in Beijing, China!

How's NZ gonna fare this year? We shall wait and watch... (: How about Singapore? Anyone representing this year? For which sport? Let me know!

Sadly, I think I'll be cheering for the NZ team either in my bed or at the hospital because of the time difference. Yay. *unenthusiastic-ly*

********************************************


It's been a love and hate relationship for surgery run and me. My first 4 weeks with the team. Love and hate. Love and hate. After the first week with the team, I started to feel pretty ostracized, for the very first time ever since starting clinical year. Because of my skin colour, my height, not-so-good surgical knowledge, and also because of the opposing beliefs with 1 of the surgeons. I think that's pretty enough said.

But I survived, surprisingly, even though those weeks felt like forever. And now I'm with another team. More stressful, compulsory Saturday morning ward rounds, patient presentations on Mondays and Saturdays, endless patient lists, on-call every single day, but I'm enjoying it so much more.. The team's friendlier, surgeons are nice(r) lol, scrubbing into more surgeries!!! Saw a gastric bypass, carotid endarterectomy, 2x debridement of ischaemic limbs just this week! 1 AAA repair next week waiting for me to scrub into. I'm tired to the bones, but I'm really fine with it! That's why we got (some of the) weekends to recuperate. (:

Had a repeat of my oral exam today and I PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED. I screwed up the first one (it was on meningitis i did pretty badly for it..zzz..). So I'm feeling good tonight. Hehe.

********************************************

Latest photo of myself and jannnniceee at the OSC post food fest 'party'. Specky specky and I think I'm appreciating how much more moiturized my eyes feel now! Hahaha! I just started with my contact lenses again early this week, but now I think I look weird speckless!

Weird me.







In the mean time, everyone be happy and smile lots!

Out!

No comments: