Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Steve Irwin? Who?

Was chatting on MSN with Meiyi last night when I noticed her nick:

|melyl| : Rest in Peace, Steve Irwin

So I asked her who Steve Irwin was. She told me he was a zoologist from Australia who was stung by a stingray and died.

I haven't been watching too much of Animal Planet after moving to New Zealand, so I didn't think much of who Steve Irwin is. Besides, I thought being an animal lover she is, Mei Yi would know more zoologists than I do.

However, when I went into AsiaOne to read some news reports this morning, I realised who Steve Irwin was.

Steve Irwin with his wife, Terri

I was gutted. I was speechless. I never thought that Steve Irwin was the all famous Crocodile Hunter. I never knew that Steve Irwin was the crazy guy who loved crocodiles. I never knew that Steve Irwin was the man who had his family with him while he 'hunts'.

I never knew that Steve Irwin was the zoologist who died. Until today.

When Janice (my sis) and I were still in Singapore, we would occasionally switch to Animal Planet when the other channels got too boring. We would be watching Steve Irwin's show about 7 out of 10 times everytime we switch to that channel. Nevertheless, I can say that we love watching the show. We just love commenting how crazy he was. When we say crazy, we don't mean mentally unstable, need to go to Woodbridge, but more like HE'S GONE OUT OF HIS MIND!!! ISN'T HE AFRAID THAT THE CROCS WOULD JUST GOBBLE HIM UP?

We would be shrieking and covering our eyes at times as Steve Irwin 'plays' with the wild animals. To us, especially Janice, he was a REAL man. A man with a lion heart. Or should we say a crocodile heart. Don't even go there, Jess. -.-

I doubt Janice knows that her croc idol died in a freak accident, but I guess I would tell her when she comes back home in about an hours' time. All I can say is, life is vulnerable. Just one sting, and Steve Irwin lost his life.

But is all lost? Is this all? What happens after we die? Ponder about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://luoasusi.com/wiqj/iiuh.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nbhntceu.com/bgcm/fbey.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://luoasusi.com/wiqj/iiuh.html | http://jmjvvevd.com/yvam/syui.html